What we do
Children’s physiotherapists promote physical health and wellbeing in children and young people.
We are specialists in looking after babies, children and young people with a wide range of conditions affecting movement, development and function.
We aim to ensure that you are able to do what you want, to your best ability, by giving you advice and support that is specific to you and your family.
Physiotherapists help you to move your body in the best way possible, to help you be as independent as you can be, while you play, learn and work. We also help you to get better or manage if you have pain.
We see children and young people with a range of conditions which may affect bones, nerves, muscles, spine, brain, nerves, lungs and heart.
Our teams include physiotherapists, who are either specialist or highly specialist. They will decide what advice and treatment would work best for you and your family.
A physiotherapy assistant practitioner may also work with you to support the therapist, you and your family.
You are also likely to meet or receptionists and admin staff, who help with all the paperwork, answer our phones and greet you at our clinic.
We have five specialist teams, which are:
· Early years – babies to start of full time school. We look after all babies and young children including those born very early or poorly.
· Mainstream schools – children and young people who go to mainstream school or a school with a specialist base.
· Learning disabilities – we look after children and young people who go to local specialist schools.
· Inpatients – we look after children who need help while in hospital.
· Cystic Fibrosis/Respiratory outpatients – we look after children and young people who have difficulties with their lungs and breathing.
What you can expect from us
We are specialists in the areas we work but also have a wide range of experience across all areas of children’s physiotherapy and health.
You will be asked questions and we will look at how you move to decide what treatments and advice would help you the most. We sometimes use our hands to help but we will always ask you if this is ok.
We help babies, children and young people manage a range of conditions in a variety of ways.
Teaching and professional development
We also offer help and teaching to other professionals working with children and young people.
Get in touch if you are interested in finding out more.