Ways to give feedback
- Feedback can be given in writing, via the phone, or by email through the trust’s patient experience team.
- Feedback can be given by writing a letter or a card to the sister in charge of the endoscopy unit where you had your procedure on. The addresses are as follows:
- Unit manager, Endoscopy, South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, The James Cook University hospital, Marton Road, Middlesbrough, TS4 3BW
- Sister, Endoscopy, Friarage Hospital, South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Bullamoor Road, Northallerton, DL6 1JG
- Feedback can also be given directly to the nurse in charge on the day of your procedure.
- You may also have been asked to give feedback when asked to complete one of our surveys or patient questionnaires.
All feedback is confidential. It is shared with the endoscopy unit staff, and action plans formulated if improvements are acted on.
All feedback is welcomed as it helps us to continue to improve the service we provide.
If you wish to make a complaint you can also contact the Patient experience team who will talk you through the complaints process.
The James Cook University Hospital
I would like to thank you and your staff for the care given during my recent attendance. You all made a very anxious patient visit most reassuring.
“Thank you all for looking after me. You took so much trouble to make me feel at ease during my procedure. I had dreaded the procedure for so long, but you allayed all my fears.”
“Thank you so much for looking after me, I couldn’t have asked for a more understanding and caring team from start to finish. I really appreciated the support.”
May I congratulate your endoscopy unit for giving such wonderful treatment. I was quite nervous but all the caring staff was so kind and reassuring, and went out of their way to listen to my concerns and help me relax.
“Just wanted to write a note to say thank you for your kindness, calm and consideration to me when I attended for a colonoscopy recently. I was quite nervous before the procedure but was quickly put at ease. Everyone was so professional and helpful.”
“I wanted to thank all the staff for their kindness and the care I received. I found from the first appointment everyone was so helpful and on the day I was more relaxed than I had expected all due to the care I received.”