Are you expecting two or more babies?
We offer personalised care which is tailored to your needs. This involves a specialist team that work closely together including consultants, sonographers and midwives who all have experience of managing multiple pregnancies.
- Dr Vedrana Caric – Lead for multiple pregnancies and consultant in obstetrics and fetal medicine
- Dr Karen Lincoln – Consultant in obstetrics and fetal medicine
- Dr Kumar Kumarandran – Consultant in obstetrics and fetal medicine
- Dr Sathyapriya Parthasarathy – Consultant in obstetrics and fetal medicine
- Dr Louise Michie – Consultant in obstetrics and fetal medicine
- Lynn Whitecross – Lead midwife for multiple pregnancies
- Kendra Exley – Lead ultrasonographer
The team would like to see all women with a multiple pregnancy at James Cook although some women with dichorionic twins can be seen at the Frairage if this is more suitable and there are no other problems.
- Dr Caric and Dr Michie – Tuesday morning
- Dr Lincoln and Dr Parthasarathy – Wednesday morning
If you have any underlying medical conditions that require specialised care such as diabetes, then your care can be provided by the relevant specialist team in conjunction with the multiple pregnancy team.
If your twin pregnancy is uncomplicated, then a lot of your antenatal care can be provided by a midwife with a special interest in multiple births.
The majority of scans will be performed by ultrasonographers. If there are suspected problems, then you will be scanned by one of the fetal medicine team.