We provide a full range of modern diagnostic imaging examinations and interventional treatments for a large local population and also specialist imaging to patients from outside of the immediate area.
Our team is dedicated to providing patient-focused care, best practice, and minimal waiting times and to using the latest technology available.
General radiography is also provided to the community hospitals of Redcar, Guisborough, East Cleveland (Brotton) and the Friary Hospital, Richmond, although we also provide services to One Life in Middlesbrough for general radiography and ultrasound scanning.
We provide an expert imaging service at our two main departments 24 hours a day – 7 days a week – and our highly specialised consultant radiologists are often asked to give a second opinion to other hospitals and services.
Advanced practice radiographers are also based at both James Cook and the Friarage radiology departments, who perform and provide imaging procedures and reports in general radiography, CT, MRI, breast imaging, ultrasound scanning and fluoroscopy.
We are very proud of our performance and continuously strive to improve our services for patients, making the best possible use of new technology and skills to ensure that we keep our services at the forefront of diagnostic imaging.
- Ultrasound scan
- Comprehensive interventional service including complex vascular procedures
- Breast imaging
- General radiography
Portfolio of speciality services
- Breast imaging, diagnosis
- Musculo-skeletal imaging diagnosis and therapeutic intervention
- Paediatric imaging
- Trauma imaging
- Upper and lower gastro-intestinal imaging diagnosis and therapeutic intervention
- Urology imaging diagnosis and therapeutic intervention
- Vascular imaging diagnosis and therapeutic intervention