Coronavirus – protect yourself and others
To protect our patients, visitors and staff patient visiting has been suspended on all our hospital sites.
To keep everyone safe these restrictions apply to meeting inpatients in public areas of our hospitals as well as visiting wards.
Visiting will only be permitted in the following circumstances:
- For patients who are receiving end-of-life care (one visitor per patient)
- For birthing partners in maternity units (one birthing partner per woman in labour)
- For parents or legal guardians in the children’s unit (one parent or legal guardian)
- For parents in the neonatal unit (two parents)
- You are supporting someone with dementia, a learning disability or autism, where not being present would cause the patient to be distressed
If you are visiting any of our hospital sites from Monday 15 June 2020 you will need to wear a face covering – click here for more details on face coverings
Stay at home if you have any of the following symptoms:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
- loss or change to sense of smell or taste