Routine visiting across all our hospitals is 3pm to 8pm except for maternity wards
Information for visitors
Help our staff in the fight against the spread of infection
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or use the hand gel provided, when arriving and leaving a ward.
- Avoid visiting at mealtimes unless you are actively involved in the patient’s care or at the request of a member of the nursing staff.
- Use the chairs provided in the wards and do not sit on patient beds.
- No more than two visitors to a bed at any one time where at all possible
- Don’t bring flowers onto the wards
- Refrain from smoking in our hospitals or in the hospital grounds.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the bedside during doctors rounds or during patient care.
- Children are welcome as long as an accompanying adult supervises them.
- Please respect other patients who are feeling unwell and try to ensure they are not disturbed.
- Parents can visit children in hospital at any time and there are some beds available for mums and dads wanting to stay with young children overnight.
- If you have any questions about visiting please discuss with the ward staff.
Smoke free site
Please help us to stay a healthy site by not smoking when visiting friends and relatives in our hospitals – especially outside the entrances to our buildings. Thank you
Carers are welcome
We welcome the carers of our patients in our wards and departments and would like to work in partnership with you. If you are a carer please let the staff know who you are so as they can support you and your loved one during their stay.
Contact details for carers support in the North east (114kb)
In order to view PDF documents you will need Adobe PDF Reader