In our emergency department we also see our open access patients. If you have recently been seen by the paediatric team then you may have 72 hour open access.
If you do, please call the department on 01642 857503 to inform them that you will be re-attending.
On arrival please book in at the front entrance and inform reception that you have open access to ensure they stream you to the correct clinician as this may prevent delays for you.
You will be put into the time order wait for triage but then streamed to our paediatricians rather than to the emergency department team.
What we offer:
- Emergency health care
- Basic food and drink supplies
- Basic baby formula
- Child friendly hospital gowns
- Breastfeeding or quiet room
- Mental health lounge or assessment room
- Play area with soft play for young children