Choose the right NHS service and help ease the pressure on A&E
- You should call the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it’s not a life-threatening situation.
- If your injury or illness is not serious you can go to an urgent care centre which could save you a long wait and will help staff in A&E concentrate on people with serious and life-threatening conditions.
- To find out more about out of hours GP services in the area visit the Northern Doctors website.
- For urgent dental advice call 0300 123 1933.
- Can’t get an appointment with your GP? Call NHS 111 to access South Tees Access Response (STAR) GP hubs on evenings and weekends.
- Find you nearest urgent care centre – search by postcode on NHS Choices