We deliver a large variety of cardiac research studies in the following areas:
- Heart failure – This is when the heart muscles are not pumping as well as they should.
- Arrhythmias – This happens when the hearts electrical signals are abnormal.
- Atherothrombosis – When the blood vessels in the heart becoming narrowed.
- Percutaneous heart procedures – These are minimally invasive procedures to treat narrowed or blocked blood vessels, replace or repair leaking heart valves and fix abnormal heart rhythms.
- Surgical/anaesthetic procedures – These include comparing different ways to do cardiac surgery, whether blood transfusions and low risk additional procedure(s) as part of planned surgeries will benefit patients.
- Prevention – These trials hope to find ways to help patients stay well before, during and after a condition is diagnosed or treated