There is a sitting room and kitchen with a fridge, microwave, kettle and television for use of parents and siblings only so you can take time to relax and eat whilst visiting.
We have a waiting room which provides a space for visitors with a television and drinks facilities. There are interactive pictures on the walls and story books to entertain siblings. Please supervise children in this room at all times.
Portable DVD players, with a selection of discs and headphones are available for siblings to use whilst you care for your baby. These were donated by previous families. Please supervise your children whilst using this equipment.
Please be aware that availability of these rooms is limited and you may be asked to leave at short notice.
Guidelines, which we expect you to adhere to, if you stay in these facilities
- To satisfy fire regulations we must always know if parents are in the flats. Therefore if you leave the hospital, even to go to the coffee shop, please let us know, always hand in the key.
- Please ask your visitors to remain on the unit; the flats are for parents only.
- Please be quiet and courteous to other parents using this facility.
- Please keep flats clean and tidy, especially communal areas. If you have any problems please speak to a member of our team who will attempt to rectify any problems.
- In an emergency, pull the cord situated in the bathroom, which will alert our team, who will come to assist you.
- If you suspect a fire, raise the alarm by smashing the ‘break glass’ panel, situated on the wall just inside the main flat entrance to the left hand side. If you hear a continuous alarm you should evacuate immediately and make your way back to our unit.