As registered dietitians, we hold the only legally recognised graduate qualification in nutrition and dietetics, which allows us to be registered with the Health Professions Council.
We are a forward-thinking team working together with the aim of providing a high quality and efficient service across our area.
We care for people with a variety of dietary needs including:
- Coronary heart disease
- Malnutrition and nutrition support (including patients needing tube feeding at home)
- Allergies and intolerances
- Modified texture diets
- Gastroenterological conditions
- Cancer and palliative care
- Children and young people (including failure to thrive, weight management)
Who do we work with?
The dietetic team works with people either individually or in groups across Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland. We work in partnership with other healthcare professionals, our acute colleagues and other partner agencies including health improvement.
We also have assistants who work as part of the multidisciplinary team on the wards, nursing homes and across the community setting.
We have close links with Teesside, Leeds Beckett and Newcastle Universities providing training to undergraduate and post-graduate nutrition and dietetic students.