PhysioDirect is the convienient way to access NHS musculoskeletal physiotherapy for patients who have muscle or joint problems. The PhysioDirect service is located within the Friarage Hospital, Northallerton.
This service is for patients registered with GPs in the Hambleton and Richmondshire areas only. (Patients registered with the GP practice in Kirkby Malzeard cannot access this service).
You DO NOT need to see your GP before contacting PhysioDirect however you are advised to read our patient information leaflet to ensure PhysioDirect is the correct service to manage your problem.
PhysioDirect offers two types of consultations both with experienced physiotherapy staff:
To access the PhysioDirect service you can Tel:01609 763747 and register you referral with our administration team. Either a PhysioCall or PhysioContact appointment will be arranged for you when it is convienient. We will do our best to arrange your preferred type of consultation but this may depend on availability.
Please note our admin staff cannot
- Discuss the details of your problem
- Give you advice on your problem
There are certain patients who cannot access PhysioDirect and need a written referral from their GP or current consultant.
- Patients who have communication difficulties and cannot communicate effectively over the telephone. This may be due to hearing problems or the need for an translator
- Patients who require respiratory physiotherapy for breathing problems such as COPD
- Patients who require neurological physiotherapy for neurological conditions such as parkinsons or multiple sclerosis
- Patients under the age of 16
- Patients who are currently under the care of a consultant for the same problem
- Patients who are requesting a walking aid or an orthosis such as a splint