All amateur or professional cosmetic, body adorning artistry. (Laser is the most appropriate treatment, provided privately.)
Post traumatic eg grit, coal or graphite (pencil lead) tattooed scars.
- (For debate) Traumatic clefts secondary to avulsion of body piercing jewellery (split ear lobes, brows, nipples and umbilicuses).
- True keloid development secondary to piercing
- Sepsis associated with recent piercing or retained jewellery
- Retained, buried or ‘lost’ jewellery
- All primary and revisional surgery excluded. Secondary problems should be referred to the primary surgeon or alternatively surgeons currently involved in such work
- Treatment with botulinum toxin
- Where excessive sweating has a physiological basis (obesity)
- Where all medical and conservative treatments have failed