Making a TAVI referral
For all referrals to the service, we have a single point of access for aortic valve disease. All cases being considered for aortic valve intervention will need to be discussed at the dedicated aortic valve MDT.
Please forward any referrals electronically to [email protected]
Images and reports of local tests and scans will also need to be sent with the referral.
Required information to include in the referral
- Trajectory of disease
- Comorbidities including detail on previous cardiac history
- Examination findings
- General impression of frailty (Rockwood score), tolerability of surgery or TAVI
- Details of cognitive function if impaired and lung function testing if there is a respiratory history
Work up tests
- Up to date echocardiogram
- Up to date coronary angiogram (not mandated in those over 80 unless they have angina)
- Up to date blood tests (FBC, U+Es)
- CT TAVI for patients 75 and above
Once all required information is received referrals will be processed promptly.