What do I need to know about my appointment?
Prior to your appointment
Please let us know (via the appointments booking office) if any of the following conditions apply:
- You had a bad reaction to eye drops when you were last screened
- You require an evening appointment (Redcar and Northallerton venues only)
- You require a translation service or a signing service
- You are coming via ambulance transport
- You are pregnant (as you will need to be screened more frequently)
- You have any special requirements or constraints
Can't make your appointment?
Every missed retinal screening appointment costs the service approximately £30.
Please contact us if you cannot make your appointment so that it can be offered to someone else.
What to bring
- All your usual spectacles with you
- A list of your current medication may be useful
- You may wish to bring sunglasses with you as the eye drops may make your eyes sensitive to light
- Your appointment letter
Please ensure you plan your transport arrangements as you should not drive after your screening appointment.
The eye drops given during the appointment may blur your vision which may invalidate your car insurance.