Our plastic surgery department offers care and surgery to children and young people from birth including emergency and routine care.
You will remain under the care of the same consultant transitioning into adulthood if ongoing care is needed.
We provide the following specialised services:
Paediatric hand surgery
- treatment of common hand injuries (for example broken bones, trapped fingertips, tendon and nerve injuries)
- trigger thumb (a bent thumb)
- ganglia (lumps in the hand)
- syndactyly (joined fingers at birth)
- polydactyly (extra or split fingers or thumbs)
- hypoplasia (small or missing digits at birth)
- Many other hand differences that children are either born with, develop as they grow, or suffer after an injury.
- There is some overlap with children’s orthopaedic surgery to care for children with foot differences such as joined or extra toes.
- A regional specialist service.
Vascular birthmarks and haemangiomas
- Treatment of haemangiomas
- Treatment of vascular malformations and birthmarks